Hello 7th graders,
As discussed in class, you will be creating a thematic map showing the cultural interaction between Persia, Rome, China, and India. Below are the directions you will need to create your thematic map. Please come prepare with questions tomorrow as you will have time to begin working on the map in class.
Due date: Friday 10-10-08
Product: Thematic map
Create a thematic map showing the cultural interaction between Persia, Rome, China, and India. You must draw symbols to represent goods, inventions, and ideas exchanged; lines to show important routes; and arrows to show the direction of movement.
**You may use the map on page 36-37 to help you draw the boundaries of each empire. However, you will need to draw your own trade routes and arrows to represent the exchange of ideas, goods, and inventions.
Thematic Map must:
1. Include symbols representing exchange of
2. Lines that show trade routes
3. arrows that show direction of movements
4. Use a variety of colors to identify the empire’s boundary and trade routes.
5. Include a legend that includes information for identifying the symbols, Empires, and trade routes.